General Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement applies to the provision and services offered by The Cheadle and Marple College Network (including on line activity).
The Privacy Statement describes how The Cheadle and Marple College Network collect, use and share information from or about you. By using The Cheadle and Marple College Network website, you agree to these terms and conditions. Throughout this Privacy Statement “we” refers to The Cheadle and Marple College Network.
Customer Privacy is important to us
At The Cheadle and Marple College Network, we fully recognise the importance of keeping information secure. We use established and rigorous security standards to protect personal information from unauthorised access or unlawful disclosure, accidental loss, damage, or destruction.
We use recognised industry protection measures in order to protect employee and customer information. Personal employee and student ICT accounts are password protected. We take reasonable precautions to ensure the data we collect and retain is accurate and limited to the information required to carry out processing for the purposes the data was provided and as outlined in this Privacy Statement.
We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected and / or as required by law and / or contractual compliances.
Information we collect and how we use it
We will collect, store and process information about you if you use our website to apply for a course, job, contracting or an enquiry. We will use a similar process with regard to hard copy information provided by you for the same purposes. Information may also be stored where you voluntarily contribute content about yourself to our website, or by posting on one of our social media sites. This information will be processed electronically and can include:
- Contact details including name, address, e mail and telephone number(s)
- Personal details including gender, age / date of birth, national insurance number
- Payment, invoicing and / or credit card details
- Personal preferences, enquiry details and other information provided by you via a form or our website
- Your image and any other personal information and content you provide voluntarily via social media
- Other personal information provided on surveys, feedback forms, correspondence or other online or face to face interaction
Subject to applicable laws, we will collect, disclose and handle your information in order to:
- Process business transactions and related activities
- Supply and administer education, courses, goods and services
- Recruit employees, agency colleagues and contractors
- Evaluate and improve our business, services and website
- Send direct marketing materials to you if you have agreed for us to do so
- Meet legal and / or regulatory compliance requirements
- Protect against and help to prevent fraud, unauthorised activity and minimise risk
How we share your data
We share personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf and to whom we are obliged to do so. These include, but are not limited to:
- Those providing central services such as employee payroll
- Those printing and sending direct mail
- Those providing marketing services on our behalf
- Those hosting our website
- Funding bodies such as Education Skills Funding Agency
- Examination Boards
- Those providing regulatory services on behalf of The Cheadle and Marple College Network
These third parties are not authorised by us to use or disclose the information about you except for the purposes necessary to perform their function on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. However, some organisations, including social media platforms, may use software and cookies and similar technologies for their own purposes, for which we do not hold responsibility.
Some of the software utilised may result in personal information being held by third parties out-with the European Economic Area. These organisations, third party internet sites and services will have separate privacy and data policies and practice independent of those of The Cheadle and Marple College Network, however we will seek assurance that they have equivalent levels of protection for personal data. We may also disclose information about you:
- If we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process such as a court order
- In response to Government agencies and law enforcement authorities
- In order to establish, defend or exercise legal rights
- Where we feel disclosure is necessary or appropriate in connection to an investigation, suspected or actual illegal activity
- We transfer all or a proportion of our organisation or assets and only having taken steps to ensure security and confidentiality of your information
The Cheadle and Marple College Network will, in all circumstances, aim to safeguard the vital interest of the individual.
How to access the data we hold
In order for The Cheadle and Marple College Network to meet legal and regulatory obligations we must hold some specific data relating to individuals. Failure to provide other information may impact on the level of service The Cheadle and Marple College Network aims to provide.
You have the right to access, update, change or amend any personal data held by The Cheadle and Marple College Network. You may also opt out of us holding personal data for certain specific uses, with the exception of those previously specified. If you wish to exercise this right, or if you wish to make an enquiry regarding how we process your personal information, contact:
GDPR Data Officer
The Cheadle and Marple College Network